The Museum School

Governance Committee

Regular Meeting - Thursday January 31st, 2019 @7:30 PM

Meeting Minutes

Attendance Summary

Name Status Arrival Time Departure Time
Jesse Lincoln present chair On Time At Adjournment
Brian Deutsch not present member
Tamara Shipley not present member
Carla Smith not present member
Richard Piercy present member On Time At Adjournment
Jason Lesandrini present member On Time At Adjournment
Janaun Ivy not present member


Need to onboard new members.

JWL to email them re availability for meeting with JWL and Tamara. Will first look at 2/5 (after special board meeting), otherwise doodle poll.

JWL to email KK about background checks, and board member agreement.

Suggestions for improvement: board member mentor program. Richard to draft policy doc formalizing onboarding / mentor plan

Training survey from state

JWL to identify training from past year.

Committee assignments for BOD

JWL to discuss with Clay

Check in with committees re volunteer involvement / need

Jason to send draft email for me to circulate to Committee chairs

Spring retreat

JWL to follow up with Russ

Richard to fill out training requirements.

The Meeting was Adjourned

The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:23 pm

Motion to adjourn

There was no notable discussion on the motion.