- Approve the minutes.
The Governance Committee met on Thursday July 16th, 2020 @7:00 PM for what was scheduled to be a 0 hours and 37 minutes long meeting. Present: Jason Lesandrini, Carla Smith, Zach Robison, Richard Piercy
Not Present: Tamara Shipley, Janaun Ivy
The members considered the following items:
1. Welcome and Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Strategic Plan Tracker
6. Rescheduling On-Boarding for New Members
7. Foundation Board Question
8. New business - Question and discussion regarding Advisory Board and improving communication / involvement.
The committee considered 2 motions, of which 2 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Approve the agenda as submitted (proposed)
2. Adjourn Meeting (proposed)
The meeting adjourned at 7:58PM
So that there is agreement between board members on the agenda, and the amount of time spent on the meeting, the board shall vote to approve an agenda for the meeting. To the best of its ability, it will follow that agenda, and allow for the chair to move the board through the agenda as specified.
Based on a recent EDI whole board training with GCSA, the Board created new initiatives to increase inclusion for the community on the Board, Committees, and school overall. The Chair assigned the following initiatives to the Governance committee and wants a status update by Jan. 2021.