- Approve the agenda as amended.
So that there is agreement between board members on the agenda, and the amount of time spent on the meeting, the board shall vote to approve an agenda for the meeting. To the best of its ability, it will follow that agenda, and allow for the chair to move the board through the agenda as specified.
The Governing Board met on Tuesday July 27th, 2021 @7:00 PM for what was scheduled to be a 3 hours and 5 minutes long meeting. Present: Bridgett Bell, Kristal Ramirez, Satonja Gilbert Scott, Willie G. Davis, Jr., Mitch Foster II, Carla Wagner, Heather Wells, Ishmael Abdul-Salam, Chanel Recasner, Kim Walker, Brittany Dunn
Not Present: Kristin Jackson, Jennifer Fine, Farand Dolland, Gayla Graves, Terra Person
The members considered the following items:
1. Approval of Agenda
2. Approval of Minutes from July 9, 2021
3. Approval of Minutes from June 29, 2021
4. Public Comment
5. Principal Report
6. Academic & School Performance Committee Report
7. Faculty Report
8. Finance Committee Report
9. Governance Committee Report
10. President’s Report
11. Executive Session
12. Future Business
The committee considered 17 motions, of which 17 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Approve the agenda as submitted (passed)
2. Approve the minutes from July 9, 2021 (passed)
3. Approve the minutes from June 29, 2021 (passed)
4. Move to executive session at 10:13PM (passed)
5. Move to exit executive session at 10:31PM (passed)
6. Approve up to $15,000 for urgent grounds maintenance with the current vendor. (passed)
7. Approve proposed ASP monthly rate adjustment across the board, remove the service fee from the before care and after care programs and continue the three fee waivers for late fees (not monthly fees). The emergency rate is $50 per emergency plus $25 registration fee for the first emergency and $50 for each additional emergency within the school year. (passed)
8. Move to extend the current janitorial service contract through December 31, 2021 and increase from 2.5 full-time personnel to 4 full-time personnel, one of which is a supervisor with a communication device. (passed)
9. Publish the 2021-2022 Student Handbook with the outlined modifications discussed during tonights meeting. (passed)
10. Motion to Approve the Reimbursement Policy that allows up to 5,000.00 of available funds annually (amount not published in handbook) for up to $500.00 of reimbursement funds per individual, annual request. (passed)
11. Motion to appoint Bridgett Bell to serve as board secretary for 21-22. (passed)
12. Motion to ratify Mitch Foster, II as board Treasurer for 21-22. (passed)
13. Approve Mitch Foster, II to continue as Vice Chair of the Board for 21-22. (passed)
14. Elect Kristal Ramirez as second Vice Chair of the board for 21-22. (passed)
15. Move that Heather Wells remain the president of the board for 21-22. (passed)
16. Ratify the ASPC co-chairs: Willie Davis and Kristin Jackson for 21-22. (passed)
17. Ratify Kristal Ramirez as chair of the Governance Committee for 21-22. (passed)
The meeting adjourned at 10:32PM
Our Public Comment period is for members of the public to address the board. Each member of the public may sign up to comment at the meeting, and will be allotted two (2) minutes. The board will listen, but may not directly respond to any comments. Our meetings are open to the public and public record. As such, if your comment is about a private matter, please contact the board via email, or speak to the board chair privately.
This report will be given by Mr. Herbert Humphries of MetroCorp Development.
The school leader reports on the status of the school.
There is no report at this time.
There is no report at this time.
Monthly Financials Update
Staff Recruitment Update
FY21-22 Budget Amendment (4 New Positions)
After School Program - Reduced Service Adjustment
This report is made by the governing board President.
Working to Amend TMSA Charter to offer a long term virtual option for families
This is to add new business to next month’s agenda.