- Approve the agenda as submitted
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 915 012 8622
Passcode: tmsa (if using the Zoom app)
Dial by your location
+312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
So that there is agreement between board members on the agenda, and the amount of time spent on the meeting, the board shall vote to approve an agenda for the meeting. To the best of its ability, it will follow that agenda, and allow for the chair to move the board through the agenda as specified.
Our Public Comment period is for members of the public to address the board. Each member of the public may sign up to comment at the meeting, and will be allotted two minutes. The board will listen, but may not directly respond to any comments. Our meetings are open to the public and public record. As such, if your comment is about a private matter, please contact the board via email, or speak to the board chair privately.
The Governing Board met on Tuesday May 25th, 2021 @7:02 PM for what was scheduled to be a 5 hours and 38 minutes long meeting. Present: Bridgett Bell, Kristal Ramirez, Satonja Gilbert Scott, Kristin Jackson, Willie G. Davis, Jr., Carla Wagner, Heather Wells, Ishmael Abdul-Salam, Kelly Brokenburr
Not Present: Mitch Foster II, Jennifer Fine, Farand Dolland, Farrah Brown
The members considered the following items:
1. Meeting Location Information
2. Welcome and Call Meeting to Order
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Public Comment
5. Approval of Minutes from April 12, 2021
6. Approval of Minutes from April 27, 2021
7. Approval of Minutes from May 4, 2021
8. Re-Opening Committee Report
9. Managing Principal Report
10. Faculty Report
11. Academic & School Performance Committee Report
12. Finance Committee Report
13. Communications Report
14. Governance Committee Report
15. President’s Report
16. Future Business
17. Executive Session
The committee considered 14 motions, of which 14 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Approve the agenda as submitted (passed)
2. Approve the minutes from the April 12, 2021 meeting. (passed)
3. Approve the minutes from the April 27, 2021 meeting. (passed)
4. Approve the minutes from the May 4, 2021 meeting. (passed)
5. Approve the FY 2021-2022 budget as presented with the updated health insurance contribution of 14% paid by the employer along with transferring $100,000 from surplus to cover the additional contribution. (passed)
6. To approve the adjustment in health benefits plan with Cigna at a 14% increase to be paid by TMSA (employer). (passed)
7. Approve the waiver of book dues/fines to include late fees and book replacement fees that were incurred prior to FY21 up to $3,100. (passed)
8. Approve the facility repairs for summer projects not to exceed $25,000. (passed)
9. Extend the current janitorial services vendor through June 30, 2021. (passed)
10. Move to executive session at 8:32 PM (passed)
11. Exit Executive Session at 10:02 PM (passed)
12. To amend the agenda to present the recommendation of the new principal for TMSA. (passed)
13. To recommend Ishamael Abdul-Salaam as the new principal of TMSA. (passed)
14. Allow the principal to grant waivers to those teachers who requested them. (passed)
The meeting adjourned at 10:17PM
This report is submitted by the governance committee chair.
Introduction of 2021 Board Candidates and vote on same
This report comes from the staff elected faculty member to the board.
This report is submitted by the ASPC Chair.
This report is submitted by the communications chair.
This report is made by the governing board President.
This is to add new business to next month’s agenda.