- Approve the agenda as submitted
So that there is agreement between board members on the agenda, and the amount of time spent on the meeting, the board shall vote to approve an agenda for the meeting. To the best of its ability, it will follow that agenda, and allow for the chair to move the board through the agenda as specified.
Our Public Comment period is for members of the public to address the board. Each member of the public may sign up to comment at the meeting, and will be allotted two minutes. The board will listen, but may not directly respond to any comments. Our meetings are open to the public and public record. As such, if your comment is about a private matter, please contact the board via email, or speak to the board chair privately.
The Governing Board met on Tuesday February 23rd, 2021 @7:00 PM for what was scheduled to be a 2 hours and 50 minutes long meeting. Present: Farrah Brown, Cheryl Parker, Bridgett Bell, Dr. Kelly Johnson, Kristal Ramirez, Satonja Gilbert Scott, Kristin Jackson, Willie G. Davis, Jr., Ishmael Abdul-Salam, Mitch Foster II, Kelly Brokenburr, Heather Wells
Not Present: Dr. Olamide Moore, Carla Wagner, Jennifer Fine
The members considered the following items:
1. Amend the Agenda
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment
4. Approval of Minutes from January 26, 2021
5. Approval of Minutes from November 17, 2020
6. Principal Report
7. Academic & School Performance Committee Report
8. Re-Opening Committee Report
9. Communications Report
10. Faculty Report
11. Finance Committee Report
12. Governance Committee Report
13. President’s Report
14. Executive Session
15. Future Business
16. The Meeting was Adjourned
17. Amend the Agenda
The committee considered 8 motions, of which 8 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Approve the agenda as submitted (passed)
2. Amend the agenda to include an executive session after the president's report. (passed)
3. Approve the minutes from the January 26, 2021 meeting. (passed)
4. Approve the minutes from the November 17, 2020 meeting. (passed)
5. Approve the purchase and installation of interactive boards not to exceed $155,000 with $40,000 from the Federal Charter School Covid relief grant. (passed)
6. Approve the request to compensate a salaried employee for working on Sundays due to the pandemic, retroactive to January 2021 not to exceed the daily rate of pay. (passed)
7. Motion to adjourn (passed)
8. Motion to amend agenda to add action item to Finance report (passed)
The meeting adjourned at 10:42 PM
This report is submitted by the committee chair.
The school leader reports on the status of the school.
This report comes from the staff elected faculty member to the board.
This report is submitted by the ASPC Chair.
Fundraiser, Sponsorship, & Grant Updates
This report is submitted by the communications chair.
This report is made by the governing board President.
This is to add new business to next month’s agenda.